WhatsApp Payments is in beta stage currently for users in India to send and receive money through WhatsApp. Learn how to send and receive money easily with WhatsApp Payments.
Prerequisites for WhatsApp Payments
- You require WhatsApp activated on your smartphone
- You require an India mobile phone number with which WhatsApp is activated
- You require an active Indian bank account that supports UPI (Unified payment interface).
- You require the mobile phone number (associated with Whatsapp) to be linked to the bank account
How to add bank account to Whatsapp payments
- Tap Settings > Payments > Add New Account.
- Tap Verify via SMS.
- A pre-filled SMS with a verification code will open up on your phone.
- Tap Send button to send this message and verify your account. Don’t make any edits to the content of this message
. Fromthe list of banks, tap the name of your bank.
- Tap the bank account you want to add to send and receive payments with WhatsApp.
- Tap Done.
- To send money, you will also need to verify the last 6 digits of your debit card and the expiration date.
- If you don’t see your bank listed, it may not be supported.
Tip if you don’t find payment option in settings
If you can’t find the payments option, don’t worry. Easy fix will be to just find someone who’s activated the payments feature and get them to try and send you money.