Apple rolled out the latest update of the iOS12 operating system early last week, iOS12.1. It’s the first major update to Apple’s 2018 version.
With iOS 12.1 and later, Group FaceTime makes it easy to chat with multiple people at the same time. It allows
You can start a Group FaceTime right from the FaceTime app or from a group conversation in the Messages app.
The tile of the person speaking gets larger automatically, so you’ll never lose track of the conversation.
How To Do Group FaceTime calls from iPhones and iPads
Make a call from the FaceTime app
- Go to Settings > FaceTime, and make sure that FaceTime is on.
- Open FaceTime and tap the Add button at the top right.
- Type the name of your contacts, phone numbers, or emails.
- To start your FaceTime call, tap Audio or Video.
Make a call from the Messages app
In a group conversation in Messages, you can start Group FaceTime right from the group conversation.
- Open Messages and start a group conversation. Or go to an existing group conversation.
- Tap the contacts at the top of the group conversation.
- Tap FaceTime , then start your call.
Join a FaceTime call
There are a few ways to join a Group FaceTime call that someone else started:
- Tap the notification from the Notification Center or the Lock screen, then tap the video button.
- To join a Group FaceTime call from Messages, tap the notification at the top of your screen or tap Join from the group conversation in Messages. After you tap Join, you’re automatically connected.
- To join a call from the FaceTime app, just go to the active call in FaceTime, then tap the video button.
Add a person to a Group FaceTime call
- From the call, tap the More button
- Tap Add Person.
- Enter the contact’s name, phone number, or email.
- Tap Add Person to FaceTime.
To use Group FaceTime video calls, you need an iPhone 6s or later, iPad Pro or later, iPad Air 2, or iPad Mini 4 with iOS 12.1.
Earlier models of iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch that support iOS 12.1 can join Group FaceTime calls as audio participants.
Group FaceTime Not Working?
If group facetime is not working, take a look at the possibilities
All participants must use iOS 12.1 or later. Group FaceTime does not work with iOS 11 and below
- Group FaceTime only works on Apple devices
- Everyone on the group call must be on iOS 12.1 or later